Monday, May 25, 2009

A quick review and things to come

Over the weekend, I went on a road trip back to my former University in Indianapolis with a friend. The meal highlight of the weekend was Saturday morning's brunch at the Three Sisters Cafe in Broadripple. I love going to this place because they have many vegetarian dishes on the menu, and the vegan ones are plainly marked with a huge 'V'. On this occasion I opted to try something other than my usual bbq five grain sandwich and got the King of Siam. 

This sandwich consisted of a pita slathered with tons of hummus and topped with spinach and a five grain mix that included some nut slivers, cranberries, and beans.  I was apprehensive at first, but it turned out to be rather refreshing.

I have gone here for brunch or lunch on several occasions, and this has proved to be a favorite of both myself and the omnivores also in attendance. Check out this place if you find yourself in Indianapolis, but be mindful that it is rather small and there could be a wait to be seated if it is a peak dining time.

In other and more exciting news, I'm going back to Europe! I leave this week and will be gone for four weeks.  This is a present of sorts to myself before the hard work of graduate school begins in August.  There will be plenty of updates about my travels as I go along, though wireless access might be dodgy for a week or so. I can not wait to visit friends, some of whom I haven't seen in a while. The itinerary goes like this:
Madrid
Cinque Terre, Italy
Mendrisio, Switzerland
Basel, Switzerland
Dortmund, Deutschland
Kassel (DE)
Göttingen
Berlin (Part I)
Copenhagen
Berlin (Part II)
Köln
Heidelberg

Lots of places in a short amount of time, I know. But, I think that I have a good mix of new places to explore and the revisiting of some old favorites. Plus, I absolutely cannot wait for amazing fresh baked bread! 


1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Have a wicked trip - I'll look forward to hearing all your tales.
:)