Sunday, September 28, 2008

What to do with an eggplant

What is this you may ask? It is the Eggplant Paprikash from the FatFree Vegan Kitchen. It was amazing. It was suggested to serve it with noodles, but I was lazy and had it with couscous instead. (Plus, I had eaten pasta the previous day.) I pretty much followed the recipe except that I omitted the onion and only used 1/4 cup of sour cream, if that, and I ad-libbed with soymilk for the rest of it. 

This stuff was absolutely amazing. I actually made it almost two weeks ago, and I am planning on making it again with the eggplant that has been sitting around my kitchen. It was so savory, and the eggplant practically melted in your mouth.  The sour cream/milk combination was definitely the element that gave it a little something that you couldn't quite put your finger on but that pulled all the flavors together.

I have lots of other backlogged post ideas, but I may or may not be waiting for VeganMoFo to start so that I can be ahead before I get behind...

No comments: