Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cookie Sloppiness


I tried my hand at gingerbread cookies last week. The recipe (from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar) was aptly spiced, but I had a lot of issues with rolling out the dough. Chilled it for a few hours, but no matter how much I floured my counter, I still had issues with the dough sticking. Good thing I was only doing circles and nothing elaborate. To up the dorkiness, I even attempted to use the frosting to write different elements, since I was serving the cookies to chemists after all. Let's just say that writing with royal icing (or whatever cookie icing is technically called) is much harder than you'd think...

And now for a bonus snow shot on Cornell's campus:



3 comments:

Mary said...

That is a GORGEOUS photo of the campus at dusk. What a beautiful sky. Cute element cookies, too! Good idea.

ana said...

I Wish you a Happy New Year!

Andre B said...

Nice cookies!!!!