Sunday, March 8, 2009

Full of Sugary Goodness

That's right, my lunch today was full of bad vegan choices, but only because they weren't healthy! I'm in Seattle at the moment (visiting University of Washington for grad school), and I was lucky enough to have an entire free day today before I fly out tomorrow.  After exploring some second hand shops this morning, I decided to make the trek over to Might-O doughnuts, which only sells vegan doughnuts (!).  I decided to take advantage of this rare occurrence and splurged on buying a complete dozen.  Check out these babies below!
There are a variety of flavors represented with plenty of raspberry, chocolate, and peanut butter varieties of some sort. The lady had put them all in a cardboard box for me when we realized that they wouldn't travel well on a plane that way, so she nicely transfered them over to plastic containers for me. Somehow, I managed to make the 30 minute walk make to my hotel before devouring two of them.  The first one was a raised doughnut with chocolate glaze, and I was very under-whelmed. It felt almost as heavy and dense as the rest of the cake doughnuts, so I was a little bit disappointed. I was expecting it to be so much airy and lighter.

My second doughnut was chocolate with peanut butter glaze. This one was great, and it didn't taste too sweet at all and had just the right amount of peanut butter. I can't wait to try all the rest, well, at least most of the rest (I'm going to be nice and save one or two for my vegan roommate for when she gets back from spring break).

Now that I'm all rested up and full of energy again, I'm walking back to campus to take some artsy pictures (at least, an attempt at them). It snowed last night, but the sun is out at the moment, so maybe I'll be able to get a few mountain shots.  Then tonight, I'm meeting some awesome people from the ppk at Pizza Pi, which is an all vegan pizza place. I'm really excited, and there will naturally be plenty of pictures taken!

1 comment:

Jen Treehugger said...

Oh my goodness! They look so deliciously divine. I've not had a vegan doughnut yet!!